How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: A Silent Killer in Your Home

We all know a natural gas leak reeks of rotten eggs. But what does an excess of carbon monoxide smell like? Absolutely nothing.

“Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless—but toxic and potentially deadly—gas emitted by common household appliances,” says Tom Russo, president of First Alert. And whether you live in a mansion or a fifth-floor walk-up, everyone risks exposure to carbon monoxide poisoning because it originates from anything that burns fuel. That means furnaces, stoves, water heaters, grills, fireplaces, and cars.

In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning, responsible for about 400 deaths a year and sending an additional 20,000 people to the emergency room.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Contact Information

Safe Haven Property Inspections
Willoughby, Ohio 44094
Phone: 440-622-4986

mike@safehaveninspect.com
Business Hours: Call today for an appointment!
Inspections available 7 days a week.

© 2016 Safe Haven Property Inspections LLC