How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: A Silent Killer in Your Home
January 26, 2017
We all know a natural gas leak reeks of rotten eggs. But what does an excess of carbon monoxide smell like? Absolutely nothing.
“Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless—but toxic and potentially deadly—gas emitted by common household appliances,” says Tom Russo, president of First Alert. And whether you live in a mansion or a fifth-floor walk-up, everyone risks exposure to carbon monoxide poisoning because it originates from anything that burns fuel. That means furnaces, stoves, water heaters, grills, fireplaces, and cars.
In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning, responsible for about 400 deaths a year and sending an additional 20,000 people to the emergency room.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
By having a house inspected prior to putting it on the market, a seller will find out how his house looks to a buyer’s inspector. The seller can lear...
PRE-LISTING INSPECTIONS IS THE FUTURE OF INSPECTIONS??